Saturday 28 January 2023

WEAPONS 2023

 

Then main focus on Weapons, at least for the first part of the year will be SEITEI JODO

This is more Sword v Jo - this will follow on from the Kukishinden Sword v Jo we did last year, and adds to the continuing practice of Sword v Sword and Jo v Jo we do

A lot of this will, again, be on the GRASS later in the Season, though we will again do JO sessions at Class to cover the specific waza and concepts

We will also look further at JO DORI, again on the mats and on Grass



SEITEI JODO is mainly sourced from the Shinto Muso Ryu

Kihon

12 basic techniques - practiced solo (Tandoku dosa) - and in pairs (Sotai dosa)

Honte Uchi
Gyakute Uchi
Hiki Otoshi Uchi
Kaeshi Zuki
Gyakute Zuki
Maki Otoshi

Kuri Tsuke
Kuri Hanashi
Tai Atari
Tsuki Hazushi Uchi
Dobarai Uchi
Tai Hazushi Uchi


Kata 12 sets from Traditional Ryuha

Ippon me - Tsuki Zue
Nihon me - Suigetsu
Sanbon me - Hissage
Yonhon me - Shamen
Gohon me - Sakan
Roppon me - Monomer

Nanahon me - Kasumi
Hachihonme - Tachi Otoshi
Kyuhon me - Rai Uchi
Juppon me - Seigan
Jūippon me - Midare Dome
Jūnihon me - Ran Ai


These have been on the Weapons Board, on their own thread for two years this April, and you have already covered some of it in your Jo v Jo - come this April, when we return to Grass sessions, we can go into more depth

shirotoratiger.proboards.com/thread/1731/seitei-kobudo-kendo-iaido-jodo


We will, of course, still cover BO and the sticks as NITTO short swords against these weapons, as well as look at the use of TONFA

The intention is to expand the core practice of SWORD v JO this year, while keeping up the other practice


Sword v Jo
Sword v Sword
Jo v Jo
Bo v Sword
Bo v Bo

Tonfa
Nitto - two short swords
Hanbo


Krabi Krabong
Kali
Ninpo
(Okinwan) Ryukyu Kobudo
(Japanese) Nihon Kobudo


So, as you can see, we don't need to be worrying about adding any SILAT weapon drilling at this time