Tuesday 30 August 2022

Radio 13

 This is an amusing anecdote.


As you know, in kali, we use 12 angles of attack and defence.

Angle 13 refers to any backward upwards strike that doesn't involve turning - a heel kick, groin slap, upward elbow to chin - all done to an attacker from behind.

When grabbed from behind I always do a 13 groin slap before turning to deal with the attacker - it puts him on the defensive so I am turning to make my attack. It's a combat concept.

When you work the door inevitably your radio earpiece gets torn out and destroyed from time to time. When this happens on a Friday night you end up carrying your radio in your hand on the Saturday night shift as you can't get to the shop to by a new one til Monday.

With this in mind I adapted combat techniques to incorporate the radio, including strikes, especially punyo strikes, kyusho points, and even some clever lock adaptations.

Obviously when grabbed from behind my groin slap 13 now became a strike with the radio punyo. Extra effective and nasty for the attacker (but serves them right!)

On one particular night we had a kick off and I went, radio in hand, to deal with the situation. At one point I was grabbed from behind and did my automatic 13, with the radio butt. Rather than the usual "male" scream you get when you apply a "himself", I heard a high pitch girl scream. The attacker was a girl (it turned out later I was removing her boyfriend from the fight he was in and she was "defending" him).

Anyway, my door girl Gail did her usual female ejection technique (it involves some serious hair winding, rising skirts, and the unavoidable escapology of breasts from bras) and we got the fighting parties outside.

After we came back inside Gail and one of her friends, a customer that night, were crying with laughter. I asked them what was so funny.

It turns out the girl in question has an "intimate" piercing and my radio 13 had landed "right on the button" as it were. No wonder she howled so much!

This is a good reason why female dojo members should get female groin guards - especially those who have intimate piercings!

(or as Naomi (Alumni) so delicately puts it: " a kick in the c**t is bad enough"!)